I am not an exciting crazy girl. On the contrary I am just your regular ‘sista’,living a life I know is not ‘mine’ and earnestly trying to b good in action,words and deeds.
And to whom it may concern,I have 41 bbm contacts as against 37 last week. I am not a Loner. *smiles*
I have this theory,
“When in doubt,kiss him/her” .Jennifer Melah;(2012).
-now I feel very isaac Newton-ish.
For the sake of this post, a first kiss is that which you have with someone,anyone for the very first time. And really there nothing as bad as a terrible first kiss especially when you have built expectations over time.
I am going to level with you all. My very first kiss ever was well errrmmmmm…’Okay’ I guess. ‘Okay’ for 2 major reasons;
-my absolute lack of expectations.
I give it 6 points out of 10.
I was 16,just 3 months into the university and he was more or less the first boy I was interested in’ like that’. All these together and you have 2 points. One point for him being reasonably cute. Another for being able to get my attention and keep it. Another still for it being a very spontaneous kiss and the final point for the fact that he didn’t use so much spiTtle and tongue.(I am very particular about the thought of some other person’s tongue down my throat and maybe choking me to death. What a way to die. *sighs*)
Still on that first kiss,the curious ‘cat’ in me wanted more. And even much more. So I guess it was not too bad an experience. I can look back on it without regrets though I must say that subsequent events between HIM and me,were regretful. Bottom line the fairy tale I had told myself a couple of times before going to bed,featuring us both as its major characters never became reality. Even after giving him a second chance.(I believe in second chances). There were no castles,enchanted forests,silver slippers,fairy God mother and all that. Just that ‘poisoned apple’ of which I unfortunately took a bite. *takes a short break to sob*
“When in doubt,kiss him/her”.
For every time I am uncertain about how I feel or ought to feel about someone I just go ahead and kiss them.
Kissing feels great. I think it is magical even though we are talking about lips and tongues and other people’s spit. Naturally before the ‘event’ itself there are expectations I sub consciously build though I try to tamper it down by not expecting birds singing and mist swirling around as soon as we lock lips. Still every kiss is an experience. A moment to be captured in time. So if that first kiss goes wrong and I mean really wrong, then I mentally begin to re-evaluate things. Remember I believe in 2nd chances. If after subsequent trials there is still that awkwardness and no hunger for ‘more’…oh well I think you have just been FRIENDZONED.
What got me started on this kissing theory thing was my ‘awesomeness’ (LOL) and an online quiz I stumbled upon in the wee hours of this morning-not like I really needed to take the quiz because I am pretty confident about my kissing skills.So these are a list of the questions I was asked and my candid answers to them;
1. When I kiss someone for the first time.
-make it as light as possible.
2. Really wet kisses are?
-fun at times but not for everyday consumption.
3. French kissing is a more intimate kind of kissing and is best enjoyed when you really like the person you are smooching with.
4. Every body likes french kissing.
5. French kissing Is an invitation to sex.
6. When kissing with braces the key to success is?
-just do it like you would without braces.
7. Kissing someone who smokes is less enjoyable than kissing a non-smoker.
-False(is this question for real?)
8. Bad breath is the number one reason people stop from kissing someone they really like.
9. If your kissing partner had bad breath what would u do?
-Cringe and avoid any further lip locking.
10. If you kissing partner hinted that you had bad breath what would you do?
-take out the listerine breath spray and give a few squirts on the spot then lean in for more loving. (LOL)
11. Some of the most interesting kisses happen on the neck,cheeks,shoulder and arms.
12. The only kind of kissing that counts is deep mouth kissing with tongue.
-False(what’s with all these tongue wahala sef?)
13. If somebody really likes you you would be able to tell from the first kiss.
14. Which of the following best describes your preferred technique.
-soft,light,gentle and unhurried.
15. If your kissing style had a theme song what would it be?
-something sentimental like ‘a moment like this’ by Kelly Clarkson.
16. What do you do with your hands when you kiss?
-depends on the mood but they don’t stay at my side.
17. How many people who you really were not romantically interested in have you kissed?
-*sorry but for this answer you would have to meet with me in private* LOL
18. When kissing you prefer to take the lead.
19. If you don’t like the way a person is kissing you you would find a nice way to let them know?
20. The best kisses are the kind that makes your head spin and your heart race.
21. If kissing were an olympic what sport would your standing be?
-Silver( was going to tick d ‘gold’ option but I was trying to be ‘not-too-cocky’)
22. When kissing you like to try new things.
23. The prospect of kissing somebody you really like makes you get excited.
24. The worst thing that can happen to a kissing is?
25. The most common reaction you get after a first kiss is?
-More kisses. (I am that good).
At the end of it all my score was…(In Barney Stintson’s Voice) wait-for-it…59. Barely above average. I was stunned. There goes my confidence and long held belief that I am a pretty good ‘kisser’. According to the result, ‘I know the basics but can’t seem to find my own special technique’. ‘TF?!
My creativity process was initiated. Now looking back on that result I guess the process has been stalled. I am still in a state of shock,disbelief and of course Denial.
How to reboost my confidence? *Bbm thinking smiley*
I nees to kiss someone! Some body!! Any body!!!
P.s: as usual all grammatical errors were fully intended.
And as regards the ‘is kissing a sin’ debate, one of my favourite pastor has this to say;
‘How close do you want to get to ‘sin’?
Nice week Y’all.
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.